The Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) in Fort Smith, Arkansas, is seeking a full-time faculty for the Department of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Sciences. ARCOM. The newly constructed facility is 102,000 ft2 including an open concept biomedical research lab. The 228-acre campus is located at the foothills of the scenic Ozark mountain range in the Arkansas River Valley.
Faculty will participate and assist in the planning, directing and implementation of college programs, policies and procedures. This position will complete the hiring of the inaugural faculty within the department, and will be integral in further developing a curriculum which integrates multiple basic science fields in team-based, large and small group, learning environments. The new faculty will engage in innovative scholarship and research to advance medical knowledge and provide training opportunities for ARCOM students. Dedication to achieving ARCOM’s mission through regional and national service is an area of focus.
• Terminal degree (PhD) in Biochemistry, Molecular or Cell Biology or a closely related field.
• Demonstration of successful teaching experience as an instructor or course coordinator/director of a relevant scientific discipline at the undergraduate or graduate level.
• Sustained productivity and contribution (e.g. presentations, publications, patents, etc.) to a relevant professional field.
• Possess skills necessary to contribute to the advancement of a Department of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Sciences at a new medical school.
• Post-doctoral experience in a biomedical research setting.
• Excellent leadership and administrative skills, established track record of mentorship, and experience in medical and/or graduate education.
• Experience in the development and implementation of courses in a relevant discipline.
• Experience in team-based learning approaches to instruction.
• Demonstrated achievement(s) integrating the basic sciences from research or educational endeavors.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Familiarity with the delivery of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology content in the classroom through a variety of modalities.
• Passion to mentor and motivate students and peers.
• Willingness to learn new approaches for content delivery and their implementation.
To learn more or to apply, visit http://acheedu.org/employment-opportunities/ and click on this position title.
Individuals wishing to apply should send a letter of intent, CV and educational philosophy to Ms. Barbara Jetton, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please put position title in the subject area of your email. Review of applicants will begin immediately.