PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Teach mathematics courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Teach college algebra and other mathematics courses at the undergraduate/graduate levels; conduct research and seek external research funds; participate with student recruitment and retention and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach mathematics courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Participate in curriculum-related service to the department, school, and the university.
- Support and participate in mathematics program accreditation initiatives.
- Conduct research in the field.
Ph.D. in Mathematics from an accredited school.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to collegiality and teamwork.
- Evidence of potential for excellence in teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Evidence of scholarly activities in the research field.
- Evidence of research and publication.
Mathematics and Computer Science
Alcorn State University