The Department of Biology at Barry University in Miami Shores, Florida invites applications for a full-time, continuing track Assistant Professor position, beginning in August, 2018.
The Biology Department offers Bachelor of Science degrees in General Biology, Marine Biology, and Pre-professional Biology.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- This full-time Assistant Professor position teaches undergraduate courses; provides academic advising and mentoring to undergraduate students, including supervision of undergraduate research; contributes departmental, college, university and professional service; and engages in sustained scholarship.
- The applicant should be able to teach a range of undergraduate courses, including first-year biology, beginning and advanced anatomy and physiology, and non-major biology topics (12 contact hours per semester of lectures/labs).
- The position requires a PhD in a biological science. Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, and a graduate transcript.
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to teach effectively, to engage in productive scholarship, and to cooperate with others for the good of the institution. Barry University emphasizes excellent teaching in a student-focused, undergraduate environment.
- Excellent communication skills, evidence of mentoring undergraduate research, wide interest in biology are essential.
- Experience with developing and teaching distance courses is welcomed.
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.