Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC) invites applications for a non-tenure-track, multi-year contract, Professional Assistant Professor position in Computer Science. Appointment will begin fall, 2017. The School of Engineering & Computing Sciences (ENCS) prepares students to pursue productive careers and advanced degrees in engineering, computer science, or geospatial information science.
The basic job requirements include:
- Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses,
- Supporting the instructional needs of the Computer Science B.S., Computer Science M.S., and Geospatial Computing Sciences Ph.D. programs, and
- Representing the school in national and international computing functions as appropriate.
Information about the school is available at http://encs.tamucc.edu/.
Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi is a rapidly growing doctoral research university with more than 12,000 students. A Hispanic-Serving Institution on the cultural border with Latin America, TAMU-CC provides a robust campus experience focused on student and faculty success. Located on its own island on the Texas Gulf Coast, the “Island University” was recently recognized as one of the most beautiful coastal campuses in the United States. State-of-the-art classroom and laboratory buildings, support facilities, and recognized faculty strategically position TAMU-CC to achieve its goal of national and international prominence as an emerging research institution.
- An earned Ph.D. in Computer Science or a closely related field at the time of appointment,
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels,
- Ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
Experience in teaching Cybersecurity courses is highly desired.
Apply online at https://islanderjobs.tamucc.edu
A completed application will consist of:
1. A letter of application addressing qualifications listed including a statement of teaching philosophy,
2. A current curriculum vitae including an email address,
3. A copy of the transcript from the institution awarding the highest degree, and
4. A list of three references including name, title, phone number and email address.