The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
The Department of Atmospheric Science at the University of Wyoming invites applications for an academic year (9-month) tenure-track faculty position that focuses on airborne atmospheric research. The Department operates a King Air research aircraft, which is supported by the National Science Foundation as a national lower atmospheric observing facility.
The successful candidate will join the Department in its endeavor to understand atmospheric processes through airborne observations and modeling, and will demonstrate ability to develop and fund an active research program, building on the infrastructure and the expertise in engineering and airborne science available within the Department.
- Lead publications in atmospheric science, or a closely related field
- Ph.D. in atmospheric science, or a closely related field
- Stated desire, or ability, to teach at the graduate and undergraduate levels
- Stated desire, or ability, to mentor graduate students or early career scientists
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the academy
- Post-doctoral experience
- Experience teaching effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels as demonstrated through peer and student evaluation
- Experience in an academic, national laboratory, or similar setting
- Compelling statement of how the candidate would enhance the airborne atmospheric research capabilities of the Department
Required MaterialsComplete the online application including uploading as one document: a curriculum vitae, narrative, and contact information for three references.
Questions can be addressed to the search committee chair, Jefferson R. Snider ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
Welcome to Laramie
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/