MacMurray College, founded in 1846, has a long and noble history of undergraduate education and is located in the affordable, safe, and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. Our mission “is to transform the lives of our students by providing an exceptional, liberal arts general education and courses of study that prepare graduates for professional careers, further education, and other challenges facing the human community in the 21st century.” The College has a culturally diverse student body of over 600 students and a faculty: student ratio of 1:12. We offer academic majors in Nursing, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Business (Accounting, Business Administration, & Sports Management), Special Education, Deaf & Hard of Hearing Education, Interpreter Training (American Sign Language), Biology, Art, Social Work, and Psychology. MacMurray College is a warm, engaged, student-centered learning community, focused on student success. Faculty-student engagement is and has historically been a distinctive strength of the College.
MacMurray College invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Biochemistry to start August 2017. All applicants must be highly motivated to work with a diverse population of students and have a commitment to the college’s mission and core values.
- Instruct and facilitate a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of MacMurray College.
- Curriculum and program development
- College and community service
- Academic advisement of students
- On-going professional development
- Support and build upon College and Biology Department Admission objectives in order to attract and retain high quality biology majors
- Master’s degree required; Ph.D. preferred and needed for tenure
- Two or more years teaching experience at the collegiate level
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in student engagement
- Demonstrated ability to teach lecture and laboratory sections of general biology, introductory chemistry, biochemistry and cell and molecular biology.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Interested applicants may send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae outlining qualifications for the position, along with your teaching philosophy, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references to: HR@mac.edu
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Official transcripts will be required of candidates who are interviewed.