MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Biology. Tenure status (tenure-track or non-tenure) is to be determined or negotiated with the qualified candidate. All applicants must be highly motivated to work with a diverse population of students and have a commitment to the college’s mission and core values.
- Instruct and facilitate a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the MacMurray College.
- Curriculum and program development
- College and community service
- Academic advisement of students
- On-going professional development
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited university/college; Ph.D. preferred and needed for tenure
- Minimum of two or more years teaching experience at the collegiate level
- Demonstrated ability to teach lecture and laboratory sections of general biology, zoology, ecology and environmental biology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in student engagement
- Clear commitment to working in an undergraduate liberal arts environment
- Ability to work as a member of an energetic academic team.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants may send a letter of interest, a resume outlining qualifications for the position, along with your teaching philosophy, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references to: HR@mac.edu
Official transcripts will be required of candidates who are interviewed.