Barry University, Biomedical Sciences Program (BMS) in the college of Nursing and Health Sciences, is currently seeking individuals who will teach graduate level biochemistry course. (Lecture, supplemental instructions) as well as other biology classes as needed and to collaborate with other faculty within and outside of the department in the development and execution of this course. Steeped in a tradition of rigor, the program prepares students who wish to advance as health care professionals or biomedical scientists.
The curriculum serves to strengthen a student’s application for medical, dental or other professional health education by delivering a sequence of core science courses similar to the first-year of a medical, dental, or podiatric curriculum. Our program is designed to provide motivated students with an intensive and unique learning experience.
This Biochemistry faculty at the Biomedical Sciences Graduate program will take care of Biochemistry 527 and Biochemistry 528 classes, including lecture and discussion at Hollywood location. In addition, he/she will contribute teaching additional biology related classes at main campus.
- Teach Biochemistry course lecture/discussion at graduate level at the Hollywood location. Teach two courses at main campus. Follow the designated curriculum. Faculty may have few undergraduate students in his class from Clinical Biology program.
- Teach other Biology elective classes either at undergraduate (Clinical Biology) or graduate level as needed.
- Responsible for collaborating with respective academic coordinators in the development and execution of the course as well as additional responsibilities outlined in the faculty handbook.
- Advise students with respect to medical/dental/clinical biology other professional school admission process.
- Contribute with scholarship/research as needed.
- Ph D in Biochemistry or Chemistry or equivalent degree from accredited institutions.
- At least three years of teaching experience in Biochemistry or related courses.
- Some experience in conducting research in the area of Biochemistry.
- Basic knowledge of learning management systems, such as Examsoft and Instructure Canvas.
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.