Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and teach courses including laboratories within the chemistry program to undergraduate and graduate students (normal teaching load of 24 credit hours per academic year);
- Conduct scholarly activities including research in organic chemistry with publishing of findings in appropriate professional journals;
- Establish an independent, innovative research program while pursuing and obtaining external funding;
- Hold office hours as required;
- Advise students on academic curricular issues as well as professional matters;
- Serve on committees and attend meetings as part of university service;
- Supervise teaching assistants and technicians in laboratory preparations and presentations;
- Maintain regular attendance on campus;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
* EDUCATION: Doctorate in Organic Chemistry (ABD will be considered but degree must be completed by hiring date)
Research in the area of organic synthesis is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exhibiting skill, knowledge, and expertise in the classroom;
- Ability to use technologies and/or strategies to enhance pedagogy;
- Ability to work effectively with other university employees and a culturally-diverse student body;
- Ability to develop effective methodology for the integration of teaching and research;
- Ability to express oneself using excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability, knowledge and skill to teach both undergraduate and graduate level courses;
- Ability to supervise both undergraduate and graduate-level student research;
- Ability to supervise graduate internships.