Colorado Christian University seeks a full-time faculty member to teach in-seat physical science courses in the discipline areas of basic chemistry, physical science, and geology. This faculty member will develop and design learning materials to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensure student engagement. This position requires an M.S. or Ph.D. in the field of chemistry, chemistry education, or geology with an emphasis on geochemistry, or related fields.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned lower division and general education undergraduate courses in the discipline areas of basic chemistry and basic physical sciences, in accordance with all standard policies and procedures within the School of Humanities & Sciences.
- Must work effectively and positively with administrators, faculty, and support staff to establish and maintain effective positive working relationships.
- Provide strategic thinking in fulfilling the goals of the College of Undergraduate Studies (CUS) School of Humanities and Sciences in support of the University Strategic Objectives.
- Provide effective servant leadership among faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
- Assist the Dean of the School Humanities and Sciences and the Department Chair of Science, Mathematics and Engineering with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A minimum of 18 Graduate Credit Hours in the fields of chemistry and/or geochemistry. An M.S. or Ph.D. in chemistry or related field from an accredited college/university.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Office applications and other professional software appropriate to the discipline.
- Ability to use appropriate software/technology such as a collegiate learning management system (LMS) in the learning environment as necessary for teaching engineering, science, and mathematics courses in CCU’s College of Undergraduate Studies.
- Superior oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- A deep commitment to student success.
- A passion for Christ-centered higher education and dedication to the integration of faith and learning in the field of mathematics.
- A strong sense of calling to the mission and vision of Colorado Christian University, a lifestyle compatible with CCU’s Statement of Faith, and agreement with the University’s Strategic Objectives.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Colorado Christian University expects all faculty and staff to become a part of the University community by participating in activities and events that occur on the campus throughout the year, which may occur during evenings and weekends.
To apply online please visit: http://www.ccu.edu/jobs/