Position/Rank: One Assistant Professor position in the Department of Computer Science, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 9-month, continuing, tenure-track appointment.
Appointment Date: August 16, 2018
- Ph.D. in computer science or related field, with specialization in High Performance Computing. Ph.D. candidates will be considered if all degree requirements ill be completed by August 15, 2018. If all requirements for the Ph.D. are not completed by that date, a term, non-tenure track appointment may be offered in accordance with University policy ( http://policies.siu.edu/personnel_policies/chapter2/ch2-faps/conting.php).
- Evidence of high quality ongoing and future research.
- Teaching competency in a variety of computer science subjects at both the undergraduate and graduate level, including High Performance Computing.
- Teach courses at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in computer science.
- Conduct high quality research and direct graduate student research in computer science.
- Participate in activities that support the department’s mission of teaching, research, and service.
Application Procedure: Applicants should send a letter of interest, teaching philosophy, research philosophy, curriculum vitae, and provide the names and contact information for at least three references – all application materials to be sent directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Department of Computer Science
Engineering A0319, Mail Code 4511
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
1230 Lincoln Drive
Carbondale, IL 62901
This position is contingent on available funding. For more information about the Department of Computer Science, visit our website at http://www.cs.siu.edu/. Questions may be directed to the Chair, via email@example.com.