The Lewis F. Rogers Institute for Environmental and Spatial Analysis (IESA) at the University of North Georgia (UNG) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor of Geography and Geospatial Science. Appointments are set to begin August 2017.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities which develop students into leaders for a diverse global society. Through myriad accessible educational pathways ranging from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university’s signature leadership programs is an 800 member Corps of Cadets on UNG’s Dahlonega Campus.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Faculty members typically teach 12 hours per semester (undergraduate), including a combination of service courses and upper-level offerings.
- The faculty member is expected to engage in professional development and scholarly pursuits and involves undergraduate students in these endeavors.
- Additionally, the faculty member is expected to contribute to the Institute, University, and the discipline through appropriate service obligations and in the advising of students.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- A Ph.D. in Geography or closely related field is required at the time of appointment, August 2017.
- The successful candidate should have expertise in physical geography, geospatial science and technology and other associated fields.
- The successful candidate will also have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and preference will be given to candidates who have a demonstrated history of excellent teaching.
Anticipated Hire Date:
Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants:
If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.