Length of Appointment
FT Academic Year
Faculty member specializing in Quaternary Geosciences with an environmental focus, with a secondary area of geology, oceanography, paleoclimatology, geochemistry, environmental geoscience.
- Earned doctorate in geoscience or closely related environmental science field.
- Post-doctoral experience related to the geoscience discipline.
- Areas of expertise may include some combination of geology, oceanography, paleoclimatology, geochemistry, environmental geoscience, or related field.
- A record of extramural proposal submissions.
- Evidence of extramural grant acquisition.
- Strong record of refereed research publications.
- Demonstrated ability to teach graduate and undergraduate students.
- Research interests that complement existing environmental science faculty.
Requires successful completion of a background check.Positions Supervised
graduate and undergraduate students
EEO StatementBall State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
About Ball State UniversityBall State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 190 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
Department: Geological Sciences:700150Posting Number: 201500127F
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 08/16/2018
Search Committee Chair Name and Contact Information
Richard Fluegeman, firstname.lastname@example.org