Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Faculty members typically teach 12 hours per semester (undergraduate), including a combination of service courses and upper level offerings.
- The faculty member is expected to engage in professional development and scholarly pursuits and involve undergraduate students in these endeavors.
- In addition, the faculty member is expected to contribute to the Institute, University, and the discipline through appropriate service obligations and in the advising of students.
- Scholarly work involving undergraduates, advising students, service to the university and community, active participation in institute activities, maintaining a collegial work environment and professional development are expected.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- PhD in Land Surveying, Geomatics, Engineering, Geospatial Science or a closely related field is required.
- The successful candidate must have significant coursework and expertise in land surveying.
- Licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor is preferred.
- Preference will also be given to candidates whose credentials allow instruction in other disciplines, such as geospatial science, CAD, building information modeling, geoscience, environmental science or other disciplines supported by the Institute.
- The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and will be responsible for teaching undergraduate surveying and geospatial science and technology courses housed in the Lewis F. Rogers Institute for Environmental & Spatial Analysis at the University of North Georgia.
- Excellence in teaching, scholarly activity and university/community service is required for promotion and tenure.
Anticipated Hire Date:
Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants:
If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.