The Department of Mathematics invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Mathematics. This is a one year non-tenure track renewable position that will begin in August 2018.
This position involves frequent verbal, written and email correspondence with students and department faculty members.
The successful candidate will:
- Instruct undergraduate courses in a variety of topics including, but not limited to, statistics, pre-calculus, calculus, etc.
- Create course syllabi and develop instructional materials
- Maintain professional scholarly contributions and provide service to the Department and College
- Advise students
A Ph.D. in Mathematics -OR-
A Master’s Degree in Mathematics or Education with 10 years high school teaching experience and 3 years college level teaching experience
- A Ph.D. in Mathematics is preferred as is a background in statistics
- Preference will also be given to candidates with experience teaching at the collegiate level
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, staff, and students
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong time management/organizational skills.
Adrian College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and women and minorities are encouraged to apply. If offered a position, finalist must furnish proof of U.S. citizenship or proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. within three (3) days of commencing employment.
A private, co-educational college of liberal arts and sciences related to the United Methodist Church, Adrian College is a traditional four-year residential institution offering a focused undergraduate education. The College offers more than 50 majors and pre-professional programs, 39 athletic teams and eight institutes dedicated to a diverse and personalized approach to education. Adrian College features state-of-the-art facilities, small class sizes and an innovative approach to the academic and personal growth of its students.
U.S. News & World Report 2016 edition has recognized Adrian College as the ‘#19 Regional Top Baccalaureate College in the Midwest’ Adrian also received accolades as a “Best Value” school. The College landed 14th on the list of Best Value schools in the Midwest region. The College has also been recognized as a “Best School for Veterans,” sitting 14th in the Midwest. Adrian College is located in Southeast Michigan, about 45 minutes from Ann Arbor and Toledo.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, unofficial transcripts and at least three letters of reference, one of which should address the applicant’s teaching ability. Application materials should be sent to email@example.com.