The University of Mary Mathematics, Physics and Engineering Program seeks qualified applicants for an Assistant Professor of Mathematics or Statistics beginning August 2018. Responsibilities include teaching 12 credits a semester (three 4 credit courses), advising Mathematics and Mathematics Education majors, and being actively involved in service to the program, the University, and the community.
The successful candidate will display enthusiasm for teaching and learning and be able to teach a wide variety of courses, including 2-3 general core classes in mathematics and statistics per semester, as well as one or more classes at the 200 level or higher. An affinity for statistics will be considered a plus – a Ph.D. in Mathematics or Statistics is strongly preferred. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to help students of all levels learn mathematics and statistics, be involved in program development, maintain an active research program, and be supportive of the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
The University of Mary overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. AA/EOE.
Required qualifications include:
- A Ph.D. in Mathematics or Statistics strongly preferred
- An affinity for statistics will be considered a plus
- Candidates who display enthusiasm for teaching and learning and able to teach a wide variety of courses, including 2-3 general core classes in mathematics and statistics per semester are sought
- A willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Supporting the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Building a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, records of classroom evaluations, and three letters of recommendation via email or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Emailed applications preferred.Review of applications will begin immediately.
Equal Opportunity Employer