Case Western Reserve University, Department of Biochemistry is seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill a full-time faculty position at a rank commensurate with experience and expertise. This is a non-tenure-track position, and the majority of time will be spent on teaching and duties to support the education mission of the Department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as course director for at least 1 course each semester, and contribute to other team-taught courses each semester, including summer.
- Advise undergraduate students in course selection for their programs of study, identifying research opportunities, and career planning.
- Work closely with faculty colleagues in Biochemistry to update curriculum and develop new courses.
- Maintain office hours for advising and aiding students.
- Oversee and maintain shared departmental resources for teaching undergraduate and M.S. students.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or related field.
- Previous experience in teaching undergraduate biochemistry, with expertise in enzymology and/or metabolism required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Candidates at the Assistant Professor level should have several years of teaching experience.
- Candidates at the Associate Professor level should have a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience as well as a record of advising undergraduate students, developing a new course, or directing an education program.
How to Apply: Send letter of application, complete vitae, description of formal teaching experience, statement of teaching interests and philosophy, and contact information for 3 references to:
Biochemistry Faculty Search Committee
Department of Biochemistry, CWRU
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
Please arrange for references to send recommendation letters separately to the same addre