(Interviewing will begin immediately to hire at any time during the next few months)
The new Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine in Fort Smith, Arkansas, is seeking individuals to serve as inaugural faculty in the Department of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Sciences. This position will participate and assist the Chair and colleagues in the planning, directing and implementation of college programs, policies and procedures. This faculty will also be integral in developing a curriculum which integrates the fields of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Sciences and Human Genetics in team-based, large and small group, learning environments. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide service to the college and professional communities and engage in innovative scholarship and research to advance medical knowledge.
- Terminal degree (PhD) in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Sciences, Human Genetics or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated productivity and contribution (e.g. presentations, publications, patents, etc.) to a relevant professional field.
- Possess skills necessary to contribute to the establishment and formation of a Department of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Sciences at a new medical school.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Minimum Qualifications)
- Post-doctoral experience in a biomedical research setting.
- Experience as an instructor or course coordinator/director of a relevant scientific discipline at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Excellent leadership and administrative skills, a demonstrated record of mentorship, and experience in medical and/or graduate education.
- Experience in team-based or other active learning approaches to instruction.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Familiarity with the delivery of Molecular Biology, Cell Sciences or Human Genetics content in the classroom through a variety of modalities.
- Passion to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Willingness to learn new approaches for content delivery and their implementation.
Individuals wishing to learn more and apply please go to:
The Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) is an EEO employer and offers a competitive compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, EAP, 401(k), and a generous plan for vacation, sick leave, and holidays.