Posting Number: req450
9 Month Full-Time
The faculty member in this position will provide instructional support for science education and educator preparation courses in the College of Education. This position will also serve as a liaison with faculty in science program in other college across the University. This position is expected to engage in scholarly discourse related to science education and pursue grants related to STEM education.
- Teach science methods courses in Pocatello and Idaho Falls and via Distance Learning Network in Twin Falls.
- Teach educator preparation courses as needed.
- Conduct research related to science and STEM education.
- Research and apply for grants related to science education, including STEM grants.
- Provide service support to the College of Education and educator preparation programs.
- Liaison with science faculty in other departments on campus to support secondary science education majors.
- Earned doctoral degree in a science education or related field.
- Three years of documented K-12 science teaching experience.
- The ability to teach science methods and core education courses in the educator preparation program.
- The ability to advise graduate students in graduate education programs.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal skills.
- Record of or potential for research, scholarship, and/or grant writing.
- The ability to guide and serve on undergraduate and graduate student capstone projects as needed.
- Willingness to work collaboratively and collegially with others.
- Ability to liaison with K-12 science educators.
- University faculty in science disciplines and STEM proponents in education, business, industry, and government.
- Familiarity with the Framework for Teaching or other teaching frameworks or models.
- Familiarity with the Next Generation Science Standards.
- Experience teaching in a university setting.
- Record of securing STEM grants or other of external funding.
- Ability to teach math methods courses.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=450
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Letter of interest that addresses the minimum and preferred qualifications, Current resume or Curriculum Vitae, Contact information of two professional references.
Position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. The approved salary range is $46,000 – $56,000 annually and includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.