Department: Mathematics and Physics
Education, Minimum Training and Experience RequiredPh.D. in Physics. Teaching experience at a university level is required; proficient in computer skills; ability to use stand-alone or web-based courseware and other teaching tools.
Job ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate will be expected to:
- Write grant proposals and submit to Federal, state, and/or private agencies
- Involve undergraduate students in research activities
- Work with students to place them in summer research internships and to seek admissions to graduate schools or job opportunities
- Involve in the advisement process of the department and recruit students for the department
- Perform other duties assigned by the department such as serving in various departmental and university-wide committees