Under the general direction of the Dean of Math, Science, Technology & Health, the Biotechnology Instructor will be responsible for lecture and laboratory instruction in the biological sciences, including biotechnology and biological sciences. The Biotechnology Instructor will also be responsible for coordinating the biotechnology degree programs, including the Associate in Science in Biotechnology and Associate in Applied Science in Biological Technician programs. As the coordinator of the programs, the Biotechnology Instructor will develop and lead promotion and enrollment events, oversee research activities, and ensure the functionality and maintenance of the biotechnology facilities. As a full-time faculty member, this individual will also be responsible for academic advisement, assessment, course development, and service on college committees.
The Biotechnology Instructor will not be directly responsible for any personnel. However, the individual will be responsible for overseeing the biotechnology learning and research facilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach a full-time course load in biotechnology and biology
- Oversee the biotechnology learning and research facilities
- Provide academic advisement to students
- Hold office hours for students
- Prepare, administer, and analyze course-level student learning outcomes assessment instruments and use these results to manage program review
- Develop and revise courses to maintain a ore of biotechnology courses that supply current programs and enable seamless transfer opportunities for students.
- Support the development of articulation agreements with 4-year programs.
- Develop and participate in recruitment events for the biotechnology programs.
- Participate in Division activities, including program review and assessment
- Serve on College committees
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Qualifications & Skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of biotechnology laboratory techniques
Education & Experience
- Master of Science in biotechnology or biological science with extensive coursework in biotechnology, cancer biology, cell biology and/or bio medical sciences.
- Experience teaching, preferably at the community college level.
- Experience working with a diverse student population.
Preferred Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience working in a biotechnology or cancer research facility.
- Ph.D. in biotechnology or biological science with extensive coursework in biotechnology, cancer biology, cell biology and/or biomedical sciences.