BridgeValley Community and Technical College invites applications for a fulltime faculty position in Chemistry beginning August 2018. The faculty member will teach at both the South Charleston and Montgomery campuses, as well as online. The instructor will be required to hold office hours; maintain student records; participate in department, division, and college meetings; maintain professional development; advise students; and be an active member of college committees and activities.
Summary: Chemistry faculty, nine month, renewable term, fulltime, benefits eligible.
EXAMPLES of DUTIES
- Teaching 16-18 contact hours per semester
- Service to students, service to the institution and the community, and professional development
- Curriculum assessment and development and implementation
- Academic advising
- Position may involve teaching online, evenings, weekends, or at off campus locations
- Earned Master’s degree in Chemistry or earned Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Chemistry, from a regionally accredited institution
- Teaching experience
- Teaching experience at the college level, particularly community college teaching experience
- Online teaching experience
- Aptitude for using technology and other innovative methods for instructional delivery
- Understanding of community college mission and community college students
- The position will involve teaching on both the South Charleston and Montgomery campuses.
- Review of applications will begin May 11, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
- Demonstration of teaching effectiveness will be part of the interview process.
- Employment is subject to satisfactory results on background check. Copies of transcripts may be sent but originals must be available prior to hire.