North Central State College is accepting applications for a full-time 9-month Chemistry Faculty member. The position will begin Spring Semester 2017 (January 16, 2018).
Essential duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains minimum of 15 credit/18 contact hours of classroom, clinical and/or laboratory instruction per term and reflects a 40-hour workweek.
- Meets with all classes as scheduled and provides the full component of instruction.
- Provides appropriate assistance and supervision to students in all classrooms, clinicals and/or laboratories.
- Delivers instruction based on the learning objectives and course outcomes found in the official College syllabus.
- Develops and maintains appropriate course materials to be distributed to students.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills in the faculty member’s discipline and in teaching strategies.
- Holds at least four (4) office hours per week for student consultation and advisement.
- Maintains accurate academic records for all students.
- Maintains accurate attendance records for all students.
- Reports attendance information, midterm deficiencies, and final term grade to the Student Records Office in the manner and by the dates specified.
- Operates within the organizational structure and policies of the College.
- Attends departmental, divisional, and professional development meetings and other College activities as required.
- Attends graduation ceremonies and assists as requested.
- Assists the divisional Dean, Assistant Dean, Program Director and/or Program Coordinator in maintaining an inventory of appropriate educational supplies and equipment.
- Maintains proper housekeeping and safety rules in classrooms, clinicals and/or laboratories.
- Maintains security of College property.
- Serves on College committees.
- Performs community service including serving on and working with community organizations, area agencies, and /or advisory committees.
- Maintains proper housekeeping, safety, and security in classrooms, clinicals and/or laboratories.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate educational supplies and equipment classrooms, clinicals and/or laboratories.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, peers, and staff to promote competence, education, and training related to program.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or related degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours of Chemistry coursework.
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
Please express your interest in this position by submitting a letter of application and resume to:
NORTH CENTRAL STATE
Attention: Human Resources
2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, OH 44906
You may also apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/1080566 Click on Info For then Job Seekers
Resumes will be reviewed beginning 9/27/17 and until filled.
North Central State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution. We value campus diversity and demonstrate this in campus initiatives. We particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.