Prepare and set up labs for the Chemistry/Physics Science programs. Support faculty and students in the science department.
Work location and additional information:
Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcript(s) when applying to this posting.
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 6, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a regular full-time 10 month position with benefits.
The successful applicant for this position will be required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination and performance evaluation.
Campus: North Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Actual schedule will be determined by the course schedule/dept heads. Hours maybe adjusted as needed to accommodate special projects.
Associates degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in the sciences; working knowledge of equipment and supplies common to science laboratories and safety measures for maintenance of science laboratories; the ability to plan, organize, stock, and maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment for science laboratories; experience in laboratory instruction preferred.
1. Maintain systematized order and cleanliness of the Chemistry/Physics laboratories and stockroom facilities.
2. Maintain inventory and written records of all laboratory equipment and supplies used in the science laboratories with help from Department head and faculty.
3. Assemble, maintain and deliver equipment and supplies for science laboratory use by students and faculty for instructional demonstrations.
4. Repair broken or damaged equipment; arrange for repair of equipment by outside agencies when necessary.
5. Order supplies in a timely manner in accordance with faculty specifications.
6. Properly manage Chemistry/Physics waste for disposal and arrange for removal of obsolete or irreparable equipment.
7. Assist students in accessing software in lab.
8. Purchase supplies from petty cash and provide receipts for petty cash allotments, when appropriate.
9. Maintain purchase requisition file and notify department chairman concerning errors, backorders, and incoming supplies.
10. Assist faculty member in laboratory instruction as appropriate.
11. Assist Department Head with operating and capital budget requests.
12. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech
Job Type: Full-time
Job Open Date: 02-17-2017
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/969396. The College’s online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.