Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Educational Technician, Chemistry/Physics (Reg FT 12 month, with benefits)
Campus : South Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 26, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a regular full-time 12 month position with benefits.
Work hours (for hourly positions):
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2550
Job Open Date: 3/9/2018
Job Close Date:
Salary: Dependent upon educational credentials, experience, and contractual guidelines for rank assignment and salary placement.
General Summary: Prepare and set up labs for the Chemistry/Physics Science programs. Support faculty and students in the science department.
Requirements: Associate’s degree in the sciences required; working knowledge of equipment and supplies common to science laboratories and safety measures for maintenance of science laboratories.
- Maintain systematized order and cleanliness of the Chemistry/Physics laboratories and stockroom facilities.
- Maintain inventory and written records of all laboratory equipment and supplies used in the science laboratories with help from Department head and faculty.
- Assemble, maintain and deliver equipment and supplies for science laboratory use by students and faculty for instructional demonstrations.
- Repair broken or damaged equipment; arrange for repair of equipment by outside agencies when necessary.
- Order supplies in a timely manner in accordance with faculty specifications.
- Properly manage biologic, chemical waste for disposal and arrange for removal of obsolete or irreparable equipment.
- Assist students in accessing software in lab.
- Purchase supplies from petty cash and provide receipts for petty cash allotments, when appropriate.
- Maintain purchase requisition file and notify department chairman concerning errors, backorders, and incoming supplies.
- Assist faculty member in laboratory instruction as appropriate.
- Assist Department Head with operating and capital budget requests.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are availablehttps://www.ccac.edu/Human_Resources_Forms_and_Documents.aspx or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting “HR Forms and Documents” from the left menu and locating the link named “CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: http://apptrkr.com/1188780