Exempt, 9 Months, Grant funded
College and Area Information:
Northland Pioneer College (NPC) is located in Northeastern Arizona, and serves Navajo and Apache counties. NPC offers classes at four campuses and five centers which includes three Native American tribes. As an NCA-HLC accredited public community college, NPC serves over 12,000 students annually in courses and programs. For additional information please see www.NPC.edu
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the Chair of the Department of Mathematics and the Dean of Arts and Sciences.
Location: Silver Creek Campus, Snowflake, AZ
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics or a closely related field.
- A minimum of 18 semester units of graduate level mathematics.
- PhD in mathematics
- Community college teaching experience.
- Teach courses in the mathematics curriculum.
- Teach a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester, at varied times and locations and using a variety of teaching delivery systems (including video, enhanced audio, online).
- Participate in the planning, development, and evaluation of curriculum, including assessment of student learning.
- Participate in the planning, coordination and organization of courses.
- Maintain accurate student records.
- Assist and comply with Records and Registration Office deadlines.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Plan, develop and evaluate curriculum.
- Plan, coordinate and organize courses.
- Serve on program Advisory Councils and Committees.
- Provide input for budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent teaching skills. Knowledge of curriculum development. Ability to establish sound pedagogy and cooperative working relationships in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
Required License/Certifications: Valid Arizona driver’s license.
Application Information: Forward cover letter outlining how you meet the qualifications listed above), resume including dates of employment, copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted, and a list of five current professional references with current addresses and telephone numbers by:
Mail: Human Resources Department
Northland Pioneer College
PO Box 610
Holbrook, AZ 86025
Please be sure to use attachments for all required application materials.
DO NOT copy and paste information into the site
Submission of all required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.