SUNY Delhi seeks a dynamic, forward thinking and engaging Mathematics faculty member to join the School of Liberal Arts & Sciences starting Fall 2017. We are seeking a generalist to teach mathematics at all levels from Elementary Algebra through the Calculus sequence. The successful candidate will also have enthusiasm to perform College service (such as advising and committee work) and to work collaboratively with peers.
SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are integral components of the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
- Participate in annual systematic assessment of program
- Participates in analyzing data and makes recommendations for curriculum and programmatic revisions where necessary
- Provide evidence-based instruction in accordance with the policies set forth by the College
- Post and keep regular office hours for the convenience of students
- Participate in the assessment of course, student learning, and program outcomes
- Assist in advisement of students
- Guide and counsel students toward personal and career development
- Track student’s completion of progression requirements
Academic & Organization Commitment
- Serve on campus committees
- Participate in full and part-time faculty meetings
- Participate in accreditation reviews and reports
- Engage in the academic and organizational life of the college
- Pursue scholarly interests
- Masters Degree in Mathematics or a related field
- Doctorate in Mathematics or Mathematics Education
- Experience teaching mathematics (classroom teaching, building lessons, developing assessments, creating learning activities)
- Demonstrated ability to teach diverse populations
- Understanding the value of civic engagement
- Salary $50,000- $52,000
- This is a 10 month academic year, tenure track year position
- This position offers full New York State benefits: UUP (FT) which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- Click here for more Information for Prospective Employees
- SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
- SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications and teaching philosophy
- Resume or Vita
- Contact information for three professional references
SUNY Delhi is an AA/EO Employer