STATUS: Full time Tenure track
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
PLACEMENT: Placement on salary schedule is dependent on qualifications.
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Qualifications include education and related work experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Adapt to new and changing situations and demonstrate a positive attitude. Demonstrate respect for students; understand learning styles and apply understanding to institution-related activities; demonstrate integrity and promote diversity and open communications. Fifteen credit hours a semester constitute a standard load. Course assignments may be late afternoon, evening, Saturday, and at branch campuses or satellite centers. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College faculty contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To have and maintain a thorough knowledge of his/her subject matter and to keep informed of growth and developments in his/her field for the purpose of continually improving the delivery of instruction to the student population.
2. Teach assigned courses.
3. Work closely with other instructors and special programs and services within the college to determine placements, curriculum, and academic support.
4. Participate in course development, assessment, accreditation, and planning activities.
5. Be willing to teach online and/or blended courses.
6. Participate in appropriate departmental meetings and recruitment activities; serve on committees.
7. Assist students with academic advising.
8. Demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and learning.
9. Demonstrate strong understanding and commitment to the community college mission.
10. Teach at other campus sites as needed.
11. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College faculty contract.
1. Master’s Degree in Mathematics.
2. Two (2) years of teaching experience.
1. Experience in teaching online learning course management programs.
2. Experience in course development and assessment, planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
3. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
4. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
1. Normal classroom physical demands.
1. Classroom teaching environment.
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
- Satisfactory results of a background check
- Post-offer, pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.
ANNUAL CLERY SAFETY REPORT (ASR) NOTICE
FIRE SAFETY REPORT (FSA) and
MISSING PERSON POLICY (MPP) FOR STUDENTS RESIDING IN “ON CAMPUS” STUDENT HOUSING
Joliet Junior College is committed to assisting members of the JJC community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual CLERY security compliance document along with the Fire Safety Report (FSR) and the Missing Person Policy (MPP) for students residing in “on campus” student housing is available at the JJC Police Department website :
along with other safety information. If you would like to receive the ASR, FSR or MPP in booklet form, you may stop by the Campus Police Department located on Main Campus in G 1013 or call Campus Police at 815-280-2234. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety such as crime prevention and reporting, police law enforcement authority, disciplinary procedures and other related security policies. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous years for all JJC campuses, property owned and controlled by JJC District 525 and on public property immediately adjacent to JJC campuses.
This information is required by law and is made available by the Joliet Junior College Police Department.