Position Accountabilities and Essential FunctionsTeach Physical Geography and Introductory GIS, and provide appropriate support to students. Online opportunities are available.
- Master’s Degree in Geography or at least 18 hours of graduate courses in content area.
- Ability to teach using a variety of formats including the use of technology as a learning tool. Currency in the subject. Evidence would include teaching geography in the last five years or successfully completing a geography course during the last five years.
- Use of email, Internet-based resources, and Microsoft Office.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teach at off-site campuses and on main campus, as needed.
Additional Experiences ConsideredTeaching experience at a high school, community college or university.