Job no: 492438
Position Type: Faculty Lecturer / Instructor / Adjunct
Division/Equivalent: Academic Affairs
School/Unit: Earth Sciences
Earth Sciences: The College at Brockport
The Department of the Earth Sciences is committed to:
- Fostering the development of geoscience professionals by providing high-quality educational opportunities leading to an undergraduate degree with a major in geology, meteorology, or water resources that focuses on the geologic, atmospheric, or hydrologic environment and incorporates the interrelationships between them;
- Advancing the cause of science education by offering a degree in earth science that integrates the knowledge base and methodologies of geology, meteorology, and hydrology to render science accessible, relevant, contextual, and meaningful, and may ultimately lead to elementary or secondary teacher certification in earth sciences;
- Increasing our students’ ability to observe and comprehend how humanity impacts and is impacted by processes occurring in the Earth’s physical environment through field and laboratory experiences;
- Advancing scientific knowledge by pursuing scholarly activities and providing opportunities for students to explore and discover processes and interactions occurring within the earth system through research; and
- Engaging in professional and civic stewardship through involvement in the activities of professional societies and local, regional, and global communities.
- Teach Physical Geology with Lab and Stratigraphy and Sedimentation with Lab during the fall semester.
- Teach Historical Geology with Lab, Structural Geology, and Introduction to Water Resources Lab in the spring semester.
- 4/4 teaching load.
- Work with students on senior seminar projects.
- May include departmental service or research activities.
- PhD or ABD in Geology or a closely related field.
- Ability to teach upper division courses in sedimentation & stratigraphy, structural geology, and lower level historical geology.
- Willingness to mentor undergraduate student research.
- PhD in Geology with expertise in Sedimentary Tectonics.
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate level.
- Experience mentoring undergraduate student research.
Please visit http://www.brockportrecruit.org to complete an application including your cover letter, CV, and contact information for three professional references. Official transcripts are required upon hire. Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.