The Geosciences professor will have primary responsibility for teaching academic transfer geology classes. Other areas including oceanography, weather and climate, physical geography, environmental science, and (or) chemistry may be assigned according to institutional need. The instructor will advise and mentor students, participate in curriculum and program development and assessment, participate in professional activities, as well as attend faculty and committee meetings and perform other duties as assigned.
- Master of Science degree in Geosciences or related field
- Demonstrated ability and experience in teaching
- PhD in Geosciences or related field.
- Experience teaching at the community college level
- Demonstrated ability to serve the needs of students who represent a broad spectrum of ages, abilities, ethnicity, education and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers
- Experience advising students
- Demonstrated ability to participate in professional and community service activities
- Bilingual especially in Spanish and English
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of people and values diversity
- Awareness of own cultural values and biases