Department: School of Geosciences
The successful candidate should have a proven record of strong research and publications, leadership in academic settings, an ability to lead and advance a diverse group of accomplished teachers and scholars, excellent administrative and interpersonal skills, a proven ability to attract external funding, and an ability to teach geoscience courses at all levels and to mentor graduate students.
- Ph.D. in Geology, Environmental Science, or related field;
- Credentials commensurate with an appointment at the rank of Full Professor;
- A distinguished record of research, publications, and teaching, including student mentoring and supervision at the graduate level;
- A track record of developing successful, externally-funded research programs;
- A commitment to attracting and supporting a diverse faculty, staff, and student body;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, and an ability to work openly, personably, transparently, and effectively with every constituency in the School, and with both internal and external stakeholders, including alumni.
- Experience maintaining a strong research program while holding a full-time administrative position;
- Experience in assessment and curriculum development;
- Experience leading interdisciplinary research projects;
- Internationally recognized research program.
Please attach the following to your application: curriculum vitae, statement of academic leadership, statement of research, and contact information of five references.
Job Ad# (req16)