The successful candidate will possess a Master’s degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in discipline. The candidate will have excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, as well as basic computer literacy.
Preferred QualificationsAcademic preparation and teaching experience in all levels of Mathematics. Ability to teach in an additional discipline. Community College teaching experience preferred. Experience working with culturally diverse students. Ability to use technology to enhance teaching and learning. Be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of truth, compassion, fairness, responsibility, respect, and tolerance.
Job SummaryThe Mathematics instructor will teach Mathematics courses to a diverse student population. The candidate will participate on faculty committees and perform other duties related to teaching at a community college. The instructor must stay abreast of ongoing developments, trends, and issues in instruction in the community college environment. The responsibilities and duties of the instructor may change as the needs of the college arise
Specific Job Duties
- To instruct students in the facts, skills and appreciations pertaining to the assigned courses.
- To consider the needs of the students, and assist them by seeking help from other college services.
- To distribute to all students a course syllabus that covers the class requirements, grading procedure, attendance requirements, and course objectives.
- To inform students of educational and occupational opportunities.
- To assist the Dean and other administrators in development of the curriculum, in the preparation of the outlines and selection of textbooks.
- To submit midterm and final grade reports, deficiency notices, attendance records and any other reports pertaining to the assigned courses.
- To participate on college committee(s).
- To participate in academic advising.
- To stay abreast on ongoing developments, trends and issues in the (Mathematics) instruction at the community college.
- To develop an annual professional development plan.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Arts and Sciences.
Salary Range: To be determined by the CBAPosting Number: F00004PU
Open Until Filled: Yes