Saint Peter’s University is committed to helping students achieve success not only with their academics, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education.
- Teaching graduate students in a specific field of expertise on a full time basis in the following areas:
- Big Data and Data Management
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Data Visualization
- Predictive Analytics and Financial Modeling
- Knowledge of Python, Tableau, IBM Watson, Excel preferred
- Supervision of Capstone Consulting Engagement
- Actively engage students though frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
- Provide feedback to your program director on possible curricular improvements.
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Planning and creating lectures, for both online and in-class discussions and assignments
- Grading assigned papers, quizzes and exams
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments and examinations
- Advising students on how to be successful in class and in the career field
- Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course field
Required Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. degree is required, in a field related to Data Science/Business Analytics, from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Professional experience in industry.
- Higher Education teaching experience preferred, in varied formats, face-to-face/online/hybrid formats.