REQUIRED: Master’s degree in geography from an accredited institution.
PREFERRED: PhD in geography from an accredited institution.
- Ability, experience, and qualification to teach courses in cultural geography and physical geography; ability to also teach GIS courses is preferred.
- Ability and desire to teach courses through interactive video conferencing to high school concurrent enrollment students.
- Demonstrate experience and excellence in teaching.
- Be committed to facilitate the growth of the geography program at Snow College.
- Be experienced in engaged learning pedagogies
- Be adept in diverse instructional methods (i.e., face to face, online, hybrid, and IVC).
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in oral and written English.
- Teach primarily general education introductory courses in cultural and physical geography.
- Teach courses in GIS and cartography as requested by department and division
- Teach 15 credits per semester through a variety of delivery modes and in multiple campus locations, including concurrent enrollment courses through IVC delivery.
- Develop collaborative relationships with colleagues at Snow and at the transfer institutions and with external constituents.
- Mentor and advise students; possible student club advisor (may be outside of traditional hours).
- Participate in campus-wide committees and service to the campus and community at large.
- Willingness and ability to work on interdisciplinary projects and to assist students in engaged learning activities.
- Willingness to promote education programs in the local community and beyond. (Creating community and industry partners, traveling to schools, etc.)
- Program and curriculum development.
- Full time tenure-track position.
Professional commitment – 40+ hours per week – 9 months per yearSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Email completed application and required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUIRED APPLICANT DOCUMENTS :
- Cover Letter
- Snow College Employment Application
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies at this point)
- Three current references with complete contact information