The Department of Mathematics and Science is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time, nine (9) month, tenure track, faculty position at the Assistant Professor level to teach undergraduate Mathematics, Statistics, and Data Science classes at our University Campus in Saint Leo, Florida.
Requirements of the incumbent include, but are not limited to teaching eight classes per year and advising students.
An exceptional candidate possessing a doctorate degree with experience may be considered at the Associate level.
Candidates possessing a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with 18 hours of graduate study and/or credentials to teach Mathematics, Statistics, and Data Science may be considered at the instructor level.
This position is pending final budgetary approval for the 2017-2018 academic year.
In addition to curriculum vitae, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
- Values Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts – see special instructions
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Student Evaluations (six classes minimum)
- Three letters of recommendation (all should be professional references and at least one from a recent superior) If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, “Recommendations will be sent independently.” Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below.
- Values statement (500 words or less). Potential candidates are expected to review Saint Leo University’s Mission, Vision, and Values Statements and summarize how they see their individual values in relation to the Universities values, goals, objectives and priorities.
- Teaching philosophy (500 words or less), which highlights how your teaching and administrative philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University
- Official transcripts (including WES evaluation/translation if from an international university)
- Student evaluations from the last year (at least six classes, an even mix of graduate and undergraduate).
*Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.*
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted.
Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time.
A certified evaluation and translation is required for foreign transcripts from World Education Services (WES). Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs – MC 2006
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
The faculty member will be required to:
- Teach 8 classes per year;
- Advise students;
- Engage in curriculum development;
- Support recruiting efforts;
- Demonstrate professional development (e.g., scholarly research);
- Undertake community service in keeping with the school’s Benedictine values; and
- Demonstrate the ability to use discipline-related technology.
Seeking candidate with Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Mathematics or related field from a regionally accredited institution with 18 hours of graduate study and/or credentials to teach Mathematics, Statistics, and Data Science courses.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with 18 hours of graduate study and/or credentials to teach Mathematics, Statistics, and Data Science may be considered at the instructor level.
Ph.D. in Mathematics or related field from a regionally accredited institution with 18 hours of graduate study and/or credentials to teach Mathematics, Statistics, and Data Science courses. Candidates with two or more years of full-time teaching Mathematics, Statistics, and Data Science at the post-secondary level are preferred.