Philander Smith College is seeking two full-time Instructors of Developmental Mathematics. The desired persons will teach in the Numeracy Skills Department in the Division of General Education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Impart expertise, creativity, and enthusiasm on the teaching of the curriculum
- Exhibit commitment to academic excellence, student success, exceptional service, and providing a dynamic climate for lifelong learning
- Provide timely, quality access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods
- Evaluate students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress
- Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the PSC community
- Maintain a current syllabus, emphasizing measured accountability
- Provide academic advising as needed and tutoring services to students
- Assess student performance and maintain records of grades
- Demonstrate awareness of new trends and developments in education
- Maintain current best practices in teaching and learning in mathematics
- Instruct student with various learning styles
- Incorporate technology into the teaching and learning of mathematics
- Participate in departmental, divisional, and campus-wide meetings
- Perform other reasonable duties related to the department and division.
A Master’s degree or higher is required in Mathematics or a related field.
How to Apply:
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. Interested applicants should submit a letter of application, resume, and three letters of professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject line should include the full name of the position for which you are applying, and documents should be in Word format. You may also mail your information to:
Philander Smith College
Attn: Office of Human Resources
900 W. Daisy Bates Drive
Little Rock, Arkansas 72202
Applications packets can be emailed to email@example.com.