The Department of Earth System Science is looking to hire a temporary Lecturer for Spring Quarter 2017 (April 3rd – June 15th). The course assigned will be Terrestrial Hydrology. The salary is commensurate with experience, at 33% of time. The course meets Tuesday-Thursday and is scheduled between 3:00pm and 5:00pm.
Applicants with a background in hydrology capable of teaching conceptual and methodological approaches to hydrologic science are strongly encouraged to apply. Class topics includes qualitative understanding and quantitative representation of the processes occurring within and between major components of the hydrologic cycle (precipitation, snow and snowmelt, infiltration, soil moisture, evapotranspiration and runoff).
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI’s Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
1-3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information