The Lewis F. Rogers Institute for Environmental and Spatial Analysis and the University of North Georgia (UNG) are accepting applications for a full-time geomatics and land surveying lecturer to begin August 2018. The position is an NSF grant funded position for two years with the possibility to continue past the grant-funding period.Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities which develop students into leaders for a diverse global society. Through numerous accessible educational pathways ranging from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university’s signature leadership programs is an 800 member Corps of Cadets on UNG’s Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position will require land surveying course development and instruction, recruiting and advising of students into corresponding programs and outreach to the surveying professional community.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in Land Surveying, Geomatics, Engineering, Geospatial Science or a closely related field is required.
- The successful candidate must have significant coursework and expertise in land surveying.
- Licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor is preferred.
- Preference will also be given to candidates will credentials that allow instruction in other complementary disciplines, such as geospatial science, geoscience, building information management, CAD, or the environmental sciences etc. offered through the Institute.
- The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching.
Anticipated Hire Date:
Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants:
If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check this position will also require a DMV check.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.