The Linfield College Department of Biology seeks applicants for a one-year position as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology beginning on July 1, 2017. This administrative replacement position is potentially renewable for a second year pending administrative approval. We are seeking a dynamic, experienced instructor to teach two courses – Principles of Biology and Genetics, Molecular Cell Biology, or Evolution. Review of applications will begin on May 22, 2017. Applications will be accepted through June 1, 2017.
The Visiting Assistant Professor’s primary responsibilities will be to teach two courses that are listed below. Each of the instruction responsibilities are core courses for our Biology majors
· Principles of Biology, our introductory course for biology and allied health majors. This is a two-semester sequence with a class section size of approximately 40 students. The person filling this position will teach one lecture section each semester, will work closely with department faculty teaching other sections of the course, and will use a common syllabus. Additionally, this person will instruct multiple sections of the Principles of Biology laboratory each semester. Significant support from laboratory staff is available.
· Assistance to fulfill current needs in Genetics, Molecular Cell Biology, or Evolution and will include the associated lab for each course.
· A Ph.D. is preferred, though candidates who are ABD will be considered.
· College teaching experience
· Evidence of a solid instructional record is required. There are no research or service responsibilities associated with this position, but space and supplies for research may be available.
· Ability to work closely with colleagues, students, and staff in a small department and college.
· Educators at Linfield are dedicated to teaching in a liberal arts environment and the Biology Department is collegial and dynamic.
Review of applications will begin on May 22, 2016. Applications will be accepted through June 1, 2017.
To apply, please complete the online application and attach the following documents:
· Letter of Interest describing your qualifications for this position
· Curriculum vitae
· A description of your teaching experience, including a list of courses taught with a brief description of each course and your role in the course.
· Three letters of recommendation – Please send recommendation letters to Betty Henninger, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org for attachment to your application.
We Value Diversity: Linfield College is actively engaged in promoting, advancing, and confirming our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a diverse and vibrant Linfield contributes to academic excellence and critical thinking. We welcome applicants who bring a diversity of identity, culture, experience, perspective, and thought. All candidates are encouraged to address how their professional and lived experience, scholarship, teaching, mentorship, and/or service will build on our diversity and inclusion efforts.
Apply online at: http://linfieldfaculty.applicantpool.com/jobs/