Ozarka College seeks applicants for a full time Physical Science Faculty Member. The position is a 9-month full-time faculty position requiring a minimum 15 hours of instruction per semester. The position is scheduled to begin at the beginning of the 2018 Spring semester.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of freshman and sophomore courses including, but not limited to, Physical Science and Chemistry. This position will be based on the Melbourne Arkansas Campus and will include a rotational teaching assignment at the Ash Flat, Mountain View, and Mammoth Spring sites, including day, evening, and online classes. Other duties include: participation in departmental activities, institutional committee assignment, advising, assessment, and appropriate professional development activities relevant for the position.
- Master’s Degree in Physical Science, Chemistry or Physics with a minimum of 18 graduate hours of in chemistry
- Interest and commitment to undergraduate education
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work effectively will college committees, campus organizations, and other educational institutions and to be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Understand the advantages and challenges of developing a quality Physical Science and chemistry curriculum in a rural community college
- Ability and willingness to design course goals and assess learning outcomes
- At least two years of experience teaching in Higher Education
- Proven experience in developing new courses and laboratory exercises
- Proven experience with and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of both traditional and non-traditional community college students
- Experience and interest in utilizing technology for instructional delivery
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. To apply, submit detailed letter of application, an Ozarka Employment Application, resume, unofficial copies of transcripts, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to:
Office of Human Resources
P. O. Box 10
Melbourne, AR 72556
870)368-2002/ Fax (870)368-2094
Ozarka College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.