SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
POSITION: Nine-Month Fixed Term Appointment*
DATE OF APPOINTMENT: August 14, 2017
The successful candidate will teach introductory physics courses and labs at the algebra and calculus-based level. Typical teaching load is 24 credits per year. He or she will also be expected to participate in the functioning of the department and to serve as a mentor to students outside the classroom.
- MS Degree in Physics (Conferred on an official transcript at the time of application.)
- Interest and ability to teach college level introductory physics courses, including labs.
- PhD Degree in Physics.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching physics at the college level.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
- Please note that this is a fixed-term (non-tenure track) appointment. A fixed-term appointment is an appointment for a limited period of time and is to be used only when the position to be filled is clearly of a temporary nature or when a permanent position needs to be filled for a temporary period. Fixed-term employment terminates at the end of the appointment period and carries no implication for future employment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/jobopp.html. A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Paul Eskridge, Search Committee Chair
Physics and Astronomy
Minnesota State University, Mankato
TN 141 Trafton Science Center, North
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.