Kirkwood Community College seeks a skilled and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Physics Instructor (174-day) on the Iowa City Campus. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge base in Physics and teaching experience at the college level is desirable. Primary duties will include instructing students in Physics courses, and communicating with department staff, students, and other faculty. Some course load may be in mathematics
- Provide instruction including labs.
- Work with other faculty members to develop a course syllabus and consistent assessments.
- Communicate with department staff, students, and faculty on a regular basis.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Effectively instruct and communicate material for the course.
- Abide by and enforce safety rules when in a lab setting.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
GENERAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION :Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree required with at least 18 graduate credit hours in physics in compliance with Iowa Department of Education guidelines. Coursework in engineering and advanced mathematics also desirable