Thomas Jefferson University, located in Philadelphia PA, is currently seeking a Program Director and Faculty member of Medical Laboratory Science in the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology, Jefferson College of Health Professions (JCHP). This position, reporting to the Chairperson of the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology serves in a leadership role in the development of Medical Laboratory Science and related technology education at Thomas Jefferson University. Primary responsibilities involve the coordination of curriculum and academic standards, faculty development, teaching, scholarship, and faculty governance.
The Medical Laboratory Science program enrolls 50-75 students per year at the undergraduate and graduate levels. It is fully accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS).
POSITION TITLE: Program Director, Medical Laboratory Science (MLS)
- Minimum Masters Degree in MLS or related field
- Minimum of three years experience in MLS or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of didactic and laboratory teaching experience
- Proven expertise in technical, laboratory, and research areas related to Biotechnology
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. University and Community:
2. Education Coordination and Academic Standards:
3. Faculty Development, Scholarship and Research:
4. Administration and Faculty Governance:
- The Program Director is responsible to the Chair of the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology of the Jefferson College of Health Professions for the performance of his/her duties.
- The duties and responsibilities of the Program Director (MLS) incorporate by reference the duties and responsibilities of Full-time Faculty of the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology (See job description, Full Time Faculty MLSB).
Jefferson offers a competitive salary commensurate with faculty rank, and a generous and comprehensive benefits program that may be tailored to individual faculty needs. As one of the largest employers in the Philadelphia area, Jefferson’s benefits package is highly rated among those offered by academic medical centers. For more information on Thomas Jefferson University,visit www.jefferson.edu .
Qualified applicants will possess a Masters or Doctorate degree and current MLS (ASCP) certification. In addition, qualified applicants will have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience. Demonstrated experience in Medical Lab Science education, administration, curriculum design and delivery, strategic planning, and NACCLS accreditation procedures a plus. Immunohematology experience also preferred.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Barbara M. Goldsmith, Ph.D., FACB, Chair, Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology, JCHP/TJU, c/o Wendy Gable, Director of Faculty Recruitment, via email at wendy.gable@ jefferson.edu. Online applications should be completed at recruit.jefferson.edu, job ID#9213143