The Department of Physics and Astronomy anticipates openings for all levels of the Specialist series. Positions in the Specialist series perform research under the direction of a Principal Investigator. Applications are being sought from graduates with backgrounds in:
- Plasma Physics
- Condensed Matter, or Biophysics
- Experimental Particle Physics
- Astrophysics, Astronomy, or Cosmology
Requirements – Note that some levels of this title require a Ph.D. Applicants must have a proven record of research. Positions are dependent on extramural funding and the research contracts of individual Principal Investigators. Positions may be full or part-time. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Procedure: Please submit a brief letter describing your immediate and long-term research goals; curriculum vitae and bibliography; and names of three references (please do not solicit letters) via UC Irvine’s online application system, RECRUIT, located at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04054.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI’s Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information