The School of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a tenure-track position as Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics within the department of Mathematics. Pending budget approval, this appointment is expected to begin August 1, 2018. This is an academic year (10 month) appointment.
Job duties include teaching both upper and lower division level mathematics courses including learning support mathematics courses as well as participation in departmental and college committees. Candidates will be expected to have a commitment to excellence in teaching, professional development, scholarship, and to serving students in a collegiate setting. The successful candidate will have a commitment to Service Learning and be expected to engage with the College Service Learning Program. In addition, the candidate will be expected to work cooperatively with others and be willing to teach both day and evening classes at the Brunswick campus or the Camden center location as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Training
- A doctoral degree in Mathematics or a related field from a regionally accredited institution at the time of hire
- Experience teaching collegiate mathematics.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle history report.
Preferred Qualifications and Training
- Experience teaching and/or conducting research in mathematics or a related field.
- A background in Applied Math/Computer Science with the ability to teach a variety courses of scientific computing and/or programming including, but not limited to, MatLab, Fortran, R, Java, C, C++, Python and Octave, or
- A background in mathematics teacher education with the ability to develop and teach mathematics content courses for teachers.
- Experience with academic advising
- Mentoring, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- The ability to utilize technology in the classroom and computer literacy