School of Arts and Sciences
Department of Mathematics
Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics
LOCATION: Longview, Texas
REPORTS TO: Chair, Department of Mathematics
SCHEDULE: The is a nine month, full-time, tenure-track position, with the possibility of summer school teaching. Classes and other responsibilities are conducted primarily weekdays, but could include some evening classes, independent studies, and dual credit classes. Attendance will also be required at some evening and weekend events.
- Genuine and enthusiastic support of the LeTourneau University Faith Statement and Community Covenant (https://www.letu.edu/about/faith-statement.html).
- Enthusiasm for integrating faith and learning in the classroom in a way that both educates and disciples students.
- PhD in Mathematics preferred, although candidates with master’s degrees will be considered.
- Experience teaching Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, or Precalculus.
- Experience working with mathematics education a plus.
- Participate actively in the University learning community by serving on department, school, and/or university committees and special service assignments
- Participate in student advising, success and retention programs.
- Maintain a commitment to academic scholarship in the field of expertise.
- Teaching load: Four courses per semester.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and other qualifications. LeTourneau University provides a significant benefit package, which includes medical and life insurance and contribution to a retirement program.
DATE POSITION IS AVAILABLE: August 1, 2020
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION OR NOMINATION:
Applications will be reviewed in the order received and will continue until the position is filled.
In accordance with applicable provisions of federal law, applicants for employment who are in agreement with the educational mission of LeTourneau University and applicants for admission to educational programs or activities are considered without discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, handicapping condition, national origin or genetic information. Inquiries about this policy should be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (903) 233-4170.
Applications are required and are available from www.letu.edu/jobs or from the Business Office, LeTourneau University, 2100 Mobberly Avenue, Longview, TX. Send inquiries, completed electronic application, copies of graduate transcripts and a current CV to Gerrie Forbis, Assistant to the Provost. E-mail address: GerrieForbis@letu.edu.
Dr. Steven D. Mason
Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
P.O. Box 7001
Longview, Texas 75607-7001
FAX (903) 233-3259
Phone (903) 233-3200
Web Address: www.letu.edu