*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) which can be found here.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to teach effectively in both the Geographical Information Systems program and Geography major and contribute to ongoing National Science Foundation/Unmanned Aerial Systems grant work. St. Cloud State University utilizes ESRI (Environmental Systems Research Institute), ERDAS Imagine (Earth Resources Digital Analysis System) and Pix4D software.
Ability to teach in the following: Remote Sensing, Digital Image Processing, Unmanned Aerial Systems Data Acquisition and Processing, Introductory to Advanced GIS Techniques courses. This position includes a 25% reduction in course teaching to work collaboratively on a funded National Science Foundation grant on Unmanned Aerial Systems.
Federal Aviation Administration remote pilot certification, experience with National Science Foundation or similar grants, ability to teach upper division courses in the Geography major in the candidate’s areas of expertise, experience teaching online Geographical Information Systems courses.
The ideal candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission and values, especially our commitment to the holistic education of our racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. Applicants will be expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become outstanding teachers through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They should be willing to participate in teaching using alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth offered within the College and at St. Cloud State University.
- PhD in Geography, Geographical Information Systems or similar field.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to teach courses in Remote Sensing, Digital Image Processing, Unmanned Aerial Systems Data Acquisition and Processing, as well as Introductory to Advanced Geographical Information Systems Techniques courses.
- College level teaching experience.
- Proficient in oral and written communication.
- FAA Remote Pilot Certificate.
- Experience in working on NSF or similar grants.
- Ability to teach topical and/or regional courses in support of the Geography major.
- Experience teaching online Geographical Information Systems courses.