Lincoln University of Missouri, Jefferson City, MO is seeking highly motivated, creative individuals to apply for an Assistant Professor position of Molecular Biology, with a preferred emphasis of plant-or animal-based applications, In the College of Agriculture, Environmental, and Human Sciences. This is a 12-month, federal-funded, non-tenure track, and full benefit-eligible faculty position with 100% research responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop a high-impact, nationally recognized research program in molecular biology that addresses the critical or emergent Issues related to plant and animal production, conduct Innovative research applicable to plant or animal breeding, nutrition, disease control, and food safety, write grant proposals for extramural funding to support research specified, publish research findings in peer-reviewed journals, develop collaborative research with faculty within the University and other institutions, and contribute to relevant professional societies. The incumbent may also be required to teach courses relevant to their expertise, supervise graduate students, and provide department, college and/or university service or any other duties as assigned.
- Individuals are sought with a Ph.D. In molecular biology, biochemistry, bio engineering, or closely related field.
- Applicants must demonstrate ability to conduct quality research, publish research articles In impactful peer-reviewed journals, and secure extramural funding through grant proposal.
- Candidates with postdoctoral research and teaching experience are preferred.
- Background with plant or animal-relevant research Is highly desirable.
- Interpersonal, effective oral and written communication skills, and willingness and ability to work in a team-oriented environment with a diverse group of faculties are essential.
Please submit the following to Human Resources -Lincoln University, 101 Young Hall PO Box 29, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0029 or email to email@example.com
- Complete Lincoln University Employment Application
- List of 5 references (part of the required LU Application Form)
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts with Degree & Date Earned (may be unofficial, but must provide original transcripts upon hire)
Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org