The A&M System strives to maintain a competitive, high-quality benefit package to support the health and wellness needs of our diverse workforce. This includes comprehensive health and welfare insurance plans, additional health and lifestyle programs, and optional retirement savings opportunities. Eligible employees will have access to paid leave programs in addition to 13-15 paid holidays each year. For more information regarding the benefit package go to: West Texas A&M University: Human Resources Benefits
The Department of Chemistry and Physics at West Texas A&M University (WTAMU) invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Physics to begin the Fall of 2020. This is a nine-month tenure-track position to begin August 10, 2020 with the responsibility to teach in the graduate and undergraduate physics programs. Faculty is expected to engage in scholarly research and service to the community.
- Teaching physics related courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, with a teaching load of nine student contact hours with three additional hours for research startup efforts.
- The successful candidate must engage in service, advising, and research.
- Ph.D. in physics, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated dedication to helping students to succeed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicants need to be committed to excellence in teaching, research and service.
- Experience with teaching lecture and laboratory courses in physics.
- Experience with the incorporation of technology in the classroom.
- Industry experience or a post-doctoral appointment preferred.
- Interest in outreach to the general community and recruitment of Physics majors, especially with under-represented minorities.
Applicants must provide the following materials in order to be considered for this position:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vita
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Statement of current, pending, and future research plans.
- Three letters of recommendation including email and phone contact information
- At least one should attest to the individual’s teaching abilities
- At least one should attest to the individual’s research abilities
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page before continuing through the application. Although the attachment box is labeled “CV/Resume,” more than one document may be included. All revisions must be made prior to application submission. If you need assistance with downloading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas law requires all males age 18 through 25 to be properly registered with the Selective Service System.