Camden County College, located just outside of Philadelphia, is one of New Jersey’s largest, most comprehensive community colleges. Nationally ranked in a number of key educational outcomes, the College has a tradition of high-quality education in a wide range of transfer and career programs, and serves its county and the region at four College locations and many off campus sites.
The goal of this faculty position is to teach undergraduate level courses in Computer Science and to assist with the general operations of the department, academic division, and institution at large. Faculty are expected to be committed to academic excellence and continuous improvement; to working collaboratively and effectively with others (faculty, staff, and administrators); to supporting and contributing to diversity and student success initiatives; to developing and implementing assessment of student learning outcomes; and to remaining current in their subject areas and teaching methodologies.
- Teach a normal load of 18 contact hours per semester / 36 contact hours per academic year starting no earlier than August 25 and ending no later than June 25.
- Conduct classes as scheduled by department chair and dean.
- Process and post grades as established and required by the academic year calendar.
- Assist the department chair with the master schedule of all Computer Science classes including meeting times, days of the week, location, duration, and instructors.
- Start class on time and conduct class for the fully scheduled time period.
- Provide students with a written statement of course requirements and expectations that shall include the attendance and grading policy, course objectives, and a course outline.
- Retain all credit course documentation for a period of not less than three (3) years upon the completion of the course.
- Observe the approved Departmental Master Syllabi.
- Maintain a minimum of four (4) office hours per week for consultation with students.
- Adhere to the “Professional Code of Ethics” subscribed to between the Board of Trustees and the Faculty Association.
- Participate in academic advisement as stipulated by the faculty contract.
- Participate in the academic program review of the curriculum as scheduled.
- Participate in the Mentoring Program for Non-Tenured Faculty Members and the Partners in Learning Program for Tenured Faculty Members.
- Attend all the monthly department and division meetings.
- Attend meetings of the Faculty Assembly; attend College committee meetings as appointed.
- Attend all orientation functions and commencement activities as required.
To qualify, you must possess:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field; doctoral degree preferred.
- Teaching experience required; community college teaching experience preferred.
- Experience as a program chair, departmental coordinator or similar position is desirable.
This is a full-time, ten-month, tenure track, affiliated faculty position. Holidays, sick days, vacation days, and other fringe benefits are covered by the College’s policy for full-time faculty.
To apply visit https://jobs.camdencc.edu (direct link: https://jobs.camdencc.edu/postings/6341) for full job description and application.
Camden County College is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer that values diversity in its faculty, staff and student body. Minorities and females are encouraged to apply.